More than just a gym, a pool, or a place for fitness, the YMCA is a place where our highest priorities are placed on developing character and values. Our members experience a sense of belonging that can't be found anywhere else.
Get To Know Us
Of course, we can take care of your wellness needs with group exercise classes, strength training and cardiovascular equipment. But at the YMCA, you'll find so much more. We offer programs to members of all ages and abilities - like swim lessons, karate, child care, team sports, summer camps, and musical theatre classes - just to name a few. We also provide opportunities for our members to give back to their communities through meaningful volunteer work.
We strive to provide the services and programs that you and your family deserve. Please see any of our YMCA staff if your expectations are not met. We want the opportunity to make you happy.
During your first month as a YMCA member, if you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel and receive a 100% refund of all fees paid. Annual memberships can be canceled at any time, with a pro-rated refund issued for the unused portion; monthly memberships require 30 days notice.
The YMCA Of Metropolitan Dallas believes in providing membership and program services to all who desire to participate. Our financial assistance program uses all available resources to provide support to those who qualify for assistance.
Once the financial assistance application and required documents have been submitted to the designated staff member, the YMCA will contact you within two weeks to share the outcome of your application.
+ - Membership Information
The Park Cities YMCA values our members. Your YMCA membership allows you to become a part of a community, make new friends, and enjoy your favorite activities at a price you can afford. When you join the Park Cities YMCA you enjoy full member privileges. We invite you to join us!
• New members are those who have joined within the last 60 days.
• Family membership includes two adults, youth age 19 and younger or full time students. $10 fee for each additional adult living in the same household.
• Presentation of membership card is required for admittance.
• Must be 15 to work out in the fitness center and attend group exercise classes.
• Guests under 18 years old must have parents signature and consent upon each visit.
• The YMCA is not responsible for items left in locker rooms. Please do not bring valuables to the YMCA.
• Children over the age of 4 must use the designated locker room according to gender and must be accompanied by a parent.
• Small items may be placed in free lock boxes located in the fitness center and by the locker room.
• No refund for program fees.
• Daily guest fee may be applied to membership within 30 days of purchase. (3 visits maximum)
• Long lockers are available for use while you are working out. All locks left on long lockers overnight will be removed.
• Short lockers can be rented to full privilege members for $50 annually (depending on availability).
• Camp Grady Spruce - Overnight Summer Camp, Retreat and Family Camp.
• Collin County Adventure Camp - Outdoor Adventures, Retreat and Family Camp.
Features of the Facility
• 100+ piece fitness center including:
• Life Fitness and Life Circuit weight training equipment
• Free Motion weight training equipment
• Elliptical trainers
• Arc trainers
• Recumbent & upright bikes
• Stair Steppers
• Stretching Machines
• Free Weights
• MobileFit interactive fitness network
• 95+ Group Exercise classes including yoga, kickboxing, pilates & indoor cycling
• Full lockeroom facilities
• Workout & shower towels provided
• Fitness center orientations
• Friendly, courteous, experienced staff to assist you with your exercise needs
• Youth, Teen & Family Fitness programs and classes
• Kids Place childwatch
The AWAY (Always Welcome at YMCAs) sticker on your membership card entitles you to visit participating YMCAs in other cities when you are traveling. Ask a member service staff person to call the city you'll be visiting, or to find any YMCA in the US call (800) 333-9622 or visit www.ymca.net.
+ - Membership Rates
Welcome to the Park Cities Family YMCA! Your Park Cities Family YMCA membership allows you to become a part of a community, make new friends and enjoy your favorite activities at a price you can afford. Full-privilege facilities are available to all members.
The YMCA's "Membership For All" Program includes an income-based rate scale that is designed so that all people have access to the YMCA. Stop by and ask how we can fit your budget.
Effective January 1, 2013
+ - Membership Descriptions
Branch - YMCA Branch Memberships are entitled to facility privileges and program savings/benefits ONLY at the branch at which they have joined. YMCA Branch Members may pay the normal day pass fee per visit to use any other YMCA in Dallas, Fort Worth or Arlington.
Gold - YMCA Gold Members are entitled to facility privileges and program savings/benefits at all branches of the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, Arlington and Fort Worth, EXCLUDING the Downtown locations in Dallas and Fort Worth. YMCA Gold Members may pay the normal day pass fee per visit to use either Downtown location.
Platinum – YMCA Platinum Members are entitled to facility privileges and program savings/benefits at all branches of the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas, Fort Worth and Arlington.
All adult, family and senior memberships pay an initial one-time joining fee. These fees help fund renovations and improvements. There is no joiner fee for teen or program memberships. Current members are exempt from the joiner fee if the membership is renewed within 60 days of the cancellation date. Memberships may be placed on hold up to three months in a calendar year at no charge.
Methods of Payment
1) Electronic Fund Transfer
An easy way to pay as you go! Your checking, savings or credit card account is debited once per month. You are able to cancel your membership with 30 days notice.
2) Annual Payment
Dues may be paid in full upon joining and yearly thereafter. Payment is accepted via cash, check or credit card. See the membership desk for details.
If you wish to terminate or change your membership in any way, you must give the YMCA a thirty (30) day written notice in advance of your next draft. This process must be done in person.
Income Based Membership
Our goal through the Income Based program is to ensure that the YMCA membership is accessible and available to the individuals, families and communities we serve.
Family - Family membership includes two adults, youth age 19 & younger or full time students. $10 fee for each additional adult living in the same household.
Household - Two adults with/without children younger than 19 living in the same household desiring full facility privileges.
Adult - Individuals 19-61, desiring full facility privileges.
Teen - Individuals 13-18 desiring full facility privileges. Branch specific only.
Senior Adult - Individuals 62 or older desiring full facility privileges. Only one person in the household needs to be 62 or older.
Senior Family - Two adults, one of which is 62 or older, related by marriage or living in the same household.
+ - Membership Policies
Your membership dues may be paid in one of two ways: Monthly Automatic bank or credit card debit or you may choose to make an Annual Payment. Cash, check or credit cards, are accepted for both payment plans. Membership dues are subject to change with a 30-day notice to members.
EFT Payment Plan
Under the automatic bank or credit debit monthly payment plan, you make an initial down payment (joiner's fee + first month's dues). You then authorize the YMCA and your bank or credit card company to automatically debit your account. Your monthly dues are continuous. After two (2) unpaid drafts/months, the YMCA will immediately terminate your membership until all payments are up to date. A Joiner Fee will be reassessed to memberships that have lapsed for more than sixty (60) days.
Adjusting or Canceling Your Membership
You may adjust your membership (for example, from adult to family) or cancel your monthly debit by giving the YMCA a 30-day notice in writing. There is no contract. A member may cancel membership at anytime.
Members may temporarily suspend their membership for up to 3 months during the course of the year for medical reasons or extended travel. Other extenuating circumstances must be approved by an authorized staff member. A written request must be completed at least 30 days in advance of the requested hold date.
Transferring Your Membership
If you wish to transfer your branch membership to another YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas branch, you will not be charged a joiner's fee. Simply go to your current branch to complete the termination process, and then go to the new branch you wish to join. If you are leaving the Dallas area and wish to join a YMCA in your new hometown, we can provide a letter stating that you paid a joiner's fee and were a member in good standing.
Complete refunds will be made on all programs that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements. All refund requests must be made in writing prior to registration deadline and will be subject to a $10 service fee per request. No refunds can be made after the start of a program without proper authorization. All refunds are subject to specific program rules as well as director approval.
Membership Policies and Procedures
Each member must present to the Customer Service Desk a current YCMA photo ID card. Lost or stolen cards must be reported. The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items while utilizing YMCA facilities or programs. Not following YMCA policies and procedures is grounds for membership termination without refunds.
+ - Program Registration
Registering For Programs
YMCA members pay a reduced fee for programs and services. Certain activities have enrollment limits and separate registration dates. Early registration is encouraged. Registration requires an adult's signature. Payment is required at time of registration. No phone registrations are accepted. A $10 fee will be assessed for any program transfer.
+ - Age Policy
Youth/Teen Membership Guidelines
Youth Wellness Certification Class: This class provides an excellent opportunity for youth 10 to 14 years of age to learn proper fitness floor etiquette, correct usage of cardio respiratory machines, introduction to a variety of fitness class modalities as well as strength conditioning skills utilizing their own body weight. This class follows the rules and guidelines set forth by the ACSM (American Council of Sport Medicine) for youths and teens.
Fitness center privileges are granted with the following guidelines:
• Upon successful completion, your child will receive a wristband which will allow him/her access to the fitness floor and the cardiorespiratory machines.
• Must show age-appropriate membership card and wear wristband to use the weight room.
• Ages 10-12 must be immediately supervised by a parent along with having a current family membership.
• Ages 13-14 do not need immediate supervision, family membership must be current.
• Privileges’ may be revoked if proper Y etiquette is not displayed.
• Private Youth Sessions are available for those with complicated schedules.
• You must be 15 years old to work out in the fitness center and attend group exercise classes.
• Teens 15-16 must complete a wellness orientation with one of our certified wellness coaches
Pool: Members ages eight and over may enjoy the pool without parent supervision. Members ages six to eight may enjoy the pool with a parent on location at the YMCA pool. Members ages six and under must be supervised by a parent in the pool.
Parents must be within touching distance of children who do not meet the following guidelines:
1. Six years or older.
2. Tall enough to stand in the shallow end of the pool with head above water.
3. Pass the swim test (successfully swim the length of the pool)
+ - Guest Policy
Guests are allowed a one-week pass. Each visit thereafter a one-week pass is at a cost of $10 per adult, per visit.
Youth Guest Policy
Members under 18 years old cannot bring a guest under the age of 18 year old unless a parent (member or non-member) is here to sign the guest register to hold harmless. Non-members under 18 years old may not come and pay a guest fee unless a parent signs them into the guest register to hold harmless.
Daily usage fees are $10. Day pass users must sign injury waiver before participating in any activities.