WHERE IT ALL BEGAN...
It’s no secret that the YMCA is the official home of basketball and that we bring communities together like no other organization can.
To be the best we believe you have to play the best. YBA – Select is a competitive youth basketball league that brings together the top 32 youth basketball teams, by age, throughout the Dallas Metropolitan area and allows some of the city’s most talented basketball players to grow in skill and confidence by competing against the best. Team registration only, no individuals will be registered. This fall we’re registering for basketball teams 9 & under and 10 & under.
- Available Basketball Leagues: 9 & under, 10 & under
- Registration: $1500/ team (No restrictions of number of players per team)
- Registration closes: November 17, 2013
- Pre-season Basketball Tournament: December 8, 2013 & December 15, 2013
- Season begins: January 12, 2014
- Playoffs begin: February 9, 2014
Register at any of our YMCA locations. Basketball team sponsorships are allowed, however logos must be approved by the League Commissioner.
Team registration only, no individuals will be registered.
The season begins with a pre-season tournament that determines who will make the final 32 basketball teams as well as their ranking within our four divisions. Teams will play three games each during the tournament. Player badges will be created and issued onsite. ID badges will include picture, logo, team name, player’s name and DOB.
- December 8, 2013, Teams 9 & under
- December 15, 2013, Teams 10 & under
If your basketball team is eliminated during the pre-season tournament and does not make the top 32, you will be refunded $1100 of the $1500 entry fee.
THE TOP 32 SELECT
Once the top 32 basketball teams are selected, divisions are assigned, based on pre-season tournament record, and the game schedule will be set by the League Commissioner.
- Games will start January 12, 2014.
- Games held every Sunday for four weeks.
- Teams will play 2 games every Sunday.
- Coaches must have an ID badge for every player. No badge, no play.