The Adventure Guides Program is designed to bring parents and their children together in a positive and enriching environment. The following rules have been established to ensure the success of the program.
- Be responsible for the supervision of my child(ren) at all times. Parents will never leave a child unsupervised.
- Refrain from the use of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs at all Adventures Guides activities and events and I will remind others to do the same.
- Be a positive role model by maintaining an attitude of respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, tact, and maturity
- Help reinforce the mission and core values of the YMCA (caring, honesty, respect and responsibility) through my interactions with others.
- Abide by all YMCA rules and regulations as well as campground rules, speed limits, sound restrictions, quiet hours, parking rules, etc.
- Abide by all YMCA safety policies including but not limited to not bringing or using the following at any event: pets, unapproved accelerants, firearms, fireworks, rockets, airsoft guns, potato guns and ATV’s.
- Be responsible for my own actions and those of my child(ren) at all times.
- Maintain an attitude of respect and cooperation in dealing with YMCA volunteers, staff and venue hosts/rangers.
- Adhere to the guidelines for responsible use of the Native American theme.
- Refrain from all activities that endanger the health and safety of myself, my child(ren) or others.
- Respect the facilities being used and the personal property of others at all times. I willnot deface any property or take items that do not belong to me.
- Leave facilities in the same if not better condition than found.
- Ensure that the YMCA is aware of any participant behavior issues and/or disputes.
- Know, abide and monitor others for compliance with YMCA’s Child Abuse Prevention standards. I will bring any behavior that is inconsistent with the following rules or concerning in any manner to the attention of someone in authority at YMCA or report the concern anonymously to the YMCA Values Line at 888-475-8376.
- Utilize positive guidance techniques only (including redirection, positive reinforcement and encouragement).
- Refrain from profanity, inappropriate jokes, and sharing of intimate details of my personal life with children.
- Report any suspicion of child abuse to CPS immediately (required by law) 800-252-5400 or www.txabusehotline.org
I WILL NOT:
- Subject any child to neglect or to mental, verbal, physical, or sexual abuse.
- Leave any child unsupervised.
- Be alone with any child where we cannot be observed by others.
- Transport any children in my vehicle (unless my own child is involved in a neighborhood carpool).
- Attempt to contact or foster a relationship outside of the YMCA program with any child.
- Show favoritism to any one child through gifts or special favors.
The above codes of conduct have been established for the safety and wellbeing of each participant. Failure to adhere to this code of conduct could result in termination of program privileges.
I have read the expectations for participation in this program and I will abide by and support the Y-Adventure Guides Code of Conduct.