BIRDS NEST RECIPE
Our YMCA Lifestyle Coach, Jessica Haims, shares one of her favorite recipes for Easter Sunday. It's the perfect recipe for a brunch snack.
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin
- Shredded carrots (grated or pre-shredded is fine)
- 2 tablespoons of light cream cheese
- Optional: 1 hard-boiled egg
- Cut English muffin in half and toast until edges are golden brown (about 4 - 6 minutes depending on your toaster oven)
- Remove from the toaster oven and spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each side of the English muffin.
- Use the carrots to decorate the edges of the English muffin making a bird's nest!
- Optional: if you have a hard-boiled egg cut it in the shape of a circle and place it in the center!