RECIPE: Easter Bunny Pancakes
Enjoy a fun Easter morning pancake celebration!
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk of choice - we used almond milk in this video, but skim milk would be great to!
1 egg whisked
1-2 tbsp melted butter (30 seconds in the microwave)
1) Add and whisk all wet ingredients in one bowl
2) In a separate bowl add in all dry ingredients and whisk together
3) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk leaving some lumps in the batter - it will appear thick.
4) Griddle should be warmed to medium-high heat. Pour one big circle on the griddle (this is the head of the bunny), and two smaller circles (these will be the cheeks for the bunny)
5) Cook the pancakes until bubbles are forming (about 2 minutes on each side) and then flip - cook until golden brown
6) While pancakes are cooking slice the banana in half and remove the skin. Take one half of the banana and slice it down the middle for the ears. Use the other half of the banana and slice it into circles for the eyes. Take one strawberry, remove the green stem, and cut down the middle to form the nose of the bunny.
7) Remove pancakes and assemble all the bunny pieces together! Most importantly have fun!