RECIPE: Grilled Chicken, Peach and Arugula Salad
Light, sweet, and savory! Salads are the perfect meal for summers in Texas. Try this Chicken, Peach, and Arugula Salad or add your own twist.
5 Tbs Olive Oil, divided
1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbs chopped Shallot
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
½ tsp salt
4 Peaches, halved and pitted
4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breast halves
8 cups baby Arugula
- Preheat grill to medium-high and lightly oil the grates.
- Whisk ¼ cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot, Dijon mustard, and salt together in a bowl to make the dressing.
- Brush 1 tsp oil onto peaches
- Place peaches cut side down, onto the grill and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer peaches to plate.
- Brush remaining oil onto both sides of the chicken and season with salt
- Cook Chicken on grill until no longer pink in the middle, about 4 minutes per side.
- Slice chicken into thin strips and cut peaches into ½ inch pieces
- Toss Arugula and dressing together in a bowl. Divide among plates and top with chicken and peaches.
Makes 6 servings
Written by: Julie Kuehn RD,LD ACE CPT
Registered Dietitian and Personal Trainer