RECIPE: Sugar Free BBQ Sauce
Sweet & Savory BBQ sauce is a MUST for your grilled meats and veggies! Try a Sugar-Free version as a healthy option.
- 2 ½ 6-oz cans Tomato Paste
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Powdered Erythritol such as Swerve*
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Hickory Smoke
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 ½ cups Water (more or less as needed)
- Wisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan, adding the water last. Slowly add water until you reach the consistency of BBQ sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Turn down to medium-low and cover, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until it becomes slightly thickened.
- Store in a mason jar in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze in freezer bags.
*Erythinol is a sugar alcohol which is a natural byproduct of fermenting corn or birch. It has no aftertaste and will not impact blood sugar. If preferred, you may substitute granulated Splenda or Stevia.
Written by: Julie Kuehn RD,LD ACE CPT
Registered Dietitian and Personal Trainer