YMCA COVID-19: Mask Required
SAFETY AND HEALTH – COVID-19
The YMCA is dedicated to the health and safety of our entire community, including our staff members. As COVID-19 is an ongoing global pandemic, the safety and health strategies we are employing are beneficial to individuals both at YMCA and while in the community at large.
Face coverings (covering nose and mouth) are required for all individuals 2 years and older while at the YMCA. Face coverings do not need to be worn in the following circumstances:
- When exercising outside or engaging in physical activity outside
- When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk
- When consuming food or drink
What does this look like in the Y? There are several scenarios where an individual’s activities and/or medical history may make wearing a mask a safety concern. If a member or staff must remove their mask due to difficulty breathing, we require that they ensure 6’ of distance from people not in their household while their mask is down. This means you may see members working out with a mask down (equipment is spaced 6’ apart), you may see staff such as lifeguards and group ex instructors with their mask down (6’ of distance maintained). Generally, wear your mask whenever safe to do so. If you cannot or a child is not able to, ensure social distancing of 6’ is followed.
- YMCA staff and members are expected to maintain and encourage 6 feet of space from people not in the same household. 6’ distance marker reminders.
- Many of our procedures have been made available online or self-service.
- Staff monitor facility and room max occupancy meeting government orders and 6 feet distancing.
- MINDBODY Reservations for lap lanes, personal training, ChildWatch and group exercise.
HEALTH SCREENING AND TEMPERATURE CHECKS
- Individuals are expected to stay home if they have any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 or have had known close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Staff and childcare are screened daily by YMCA staff. Members are asked to self-monitor for symptoms or known close contact.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
- We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation procedures with sanitation duties throughout the day, focusing on high touch points such as handrails, doorknobs, light switches, counters, etc. and using EPA-registered, virus-killing disinfectants. Facilities are deep-cleaned and sanitized nightly.
- We have added red sanitation bins, reminder signage and extra disinfecting wipes to ensure equipment, lockers and cubbies are sanitized between use.
HAND AND RESPIRATORY HYGIENE
- All staff and members will practice respiratory hygiene by covering coughs and sneezes.
- Plexi-glass sneeze guards are provided at member service areas.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing by staff and reminders for members to do the same.