Thank you for considering the Frisco Family YMCA as the place to perform your volunteer or community service hours. Please understand that we get lots of requests to volunteer and in order to keep our members and the children in our facility safe, everyone undergoes a criminal background check before they are allowed to volunteer with us.
Community Service/Volunteer Facts:
- NO ONE is allowed to start their hours until they have been cleared and references checked.
- We do not offer double hours or credit for monetary donations.
- You must be 14 or older in order to volunteer.
- You WILL NOT be cleared to work with us if you are doing court ordered community service hours due to any of the following: crimes that involve children, assault, or drugs.
You must turn in the following to be considered for community service hours at the Frisco Family YMCA:
- Fill out the required Volunteer Application completely.
- Turn in the application to the Member Services Desk. Show us a copy of your driver's license and social security card.
- If you do not have a driver's license, then please submit a government issued ID that has your picture on it.
Download our Application NOW!
High school students may submit a copy of their school ID if they do not have a driver's license. Our staff will initial on the application that they have verified your information and we will hand the documents back to you. You may also submit a copy of both with your application and they will be shredded upon verification. If the application is not complete, your application will be mailed back to you. Processing takes 2-3 weeks. If you are approved, you will be contacted by email or phone to discuss your schedule in order to complete your hours. If you are not approved, you will also be contacted. Here are some of the types of work you could be doing: Cleaning equipment and the facility; helping in our Childwatch department; helping with special events; helping in our sports department.
- Show up on time as scheduled. If you need to reschedule, you must call.
- Any breaks longer than one fifteen minute break during your shift will be deducted from your hours worked.
- Appropriate language and dress code must be followed at all times. Dress code: Closed toes shoes, comfortable shorts or jeans, and a T-shirt or polo shirt. Hats need to be removed while you are working unless working outside.
- If you need a letter confirming your completion of hours, please ask for one at the end of your community service/ volunteer work.
Myself and our Member Services Representatives are here to help you so please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Every effort will be made to give you the most convenient schedule possible. However, we only use one volunteer each shift and scheduling is on a first come, first served basis. Each shift is a maximum of 4 hours. No one may start doing community service or volunteer hours with us unless they have been approved and have been given a schedule. If you require a signature to verify your hours, please let us know beforehand. Thanks again for considering the YMCA.