What We Offer
- Health and Wellness
- Baseball & T-Ball
- Flag Football
- Summer Sports Camps & Clinics
- Swim Team
Activities & Programs
- Adventure Guides
- Afterschool Care
- Child Watch
- Lifeguard Training
- Youth & Government
- Child and Babysitting Safety
- Give to the Y
Be Come a Coach at The Lake Highlands Family YMCA!
This opportunity is to develop players in a positive way and become a mentor and leader for your team. Join us and make a difference in your community. Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals. You will be responsible for leading practices, games and communication with your team and the YMCA Sports Director. This is an 8-week commitment, one hour per week for practice and one hour per week for games (typically on Saturdays).
- Coordinate with your team via email/phone calls about practices and locations.
- Attend coaches meeting before the season begins (be an active coach)
- Make sure you contact your team at least 1 week before the 1st practice
- Practice with your team one hour per week, teaching them rules of the game and basics of how to play
- Be a mentor to your kids, teaching them values of sportsmanship, leadership, teamwork and respect
- Attend weekend games for an 8-week season
- Play all kids an equal amount of time each game
- Hand out medals and awards (given out by YMCA) at appropriate time
- Turn a good experience into a great one, not only for the kids, but for the parents as well
- Communicate with the YMCA about issues, concerns, questions in a respectful manner
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Depending on the age level, one must have basic knowledge of the sport you are coaching or the eagerness to learn more.
- Complete the White Rock YMCA volunteer coach registration process, which includes:
- Online Criminal Background Check- CBC (Dallas YMCA Volunteer Matters)
- Child Abuse Prevention Training (CAP)
HAVE A QUESTION? CONTACT:
Lake Highlands Family YMCA Coach Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in being a coach! We appreciate your time, talent and leadership to help our young people. Below are the details to the process of becoming a coach the at Lake Highlands Family YMCA.
Winter Coaches take this quick survey this will allow us to add your contact to the winter season. Winter Coaches Survey
- Step 1 (Returning Coaches please skip to Step 2)
Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Online Training:
Registration code: ydallas9622
Please email your CAP completion certificate to email@example.com
- Step 2: Complete our Volunteer Matters process. All volunteers who interact with our young people must complete this process, which consist of selecting the sport(s) you're volunteering for, submitting a background check annually.
- Visit: Lake Highlands Family YMCA Volunteer Head Coach Registration Link
- Click “Volunteer” for the sport and season you are coaching ie: 2019 Fall Soccer
- Click “Register Now” for new account; Click "Login" for Existing accounts
- Complete the registration and read/sign each credential
- Enter your 10 digit ss# when asked
- Click “Continue”. Your profile should have your new coaching assignment. Background Check say Submitted, Pending, Review or Approved.
This where you will enter your user and pw. If you have forgotten your user and pw, click on user first. Wait for an email. Look in your junk box. Click on pw. Wait for an email.
4. Click “Sign Up”
Then you will get this:
LH Coach Meeting
Coaches meetings are mandatory for all new coaches and optional for returning coaches.
LH Practice Information
As a volunteer coach you choose the location, day and time your team's practices. Practice times are dependent on which sport and league you coach. We coordinate with the local school districts and area churches to provide practice space. For some of our leagues we are not able to provide practice space due to limited availability. Practices for each sport begins after the coaches meeting
LH Coach Resorces
YMCA Season Schedules/Standings
Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Instructions (20 Minutes)
Child Abuse Prevention (CAP) Instructions (20 Minutes)
- You can click below but may have to copy and paste on a new browser:
- Fill in First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and desired Password.
- Write down or save your user login and password for future reference. Password must be 12 characters minimum.
- Enter the appropriate registration code for your organization:
Registration code: reg-ymcadallas-776-volunteers
- Click Validate to confirm registration code.
- Click the check box to agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Click Redeem.
- Answer the Registration Questions:
- Volunteer (Unless you are a YMCA Employee)
- Part time volunteer
- PROGRAM Volunteer
- Click on Save and Continue.
- SCROLL DOWN to find the course: Abuse Risk Management for YMCA Volunteers (ENG)
- Click on Continue button to start the training module.
- Click on the > to go to the next pages. Click on the Locks to start each Lesson menu.
- Hint: Clicking on the Tools button to print your action plan is OPTIONAL.
- After completing Lesson 4 Course Quiz, return to the main page to download your completion certificate to email.
- Click on the Certificate tab. Then Click on View Certificate.
- Download your certificate and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not forward your completion certificate url link. It can only be opened by the original login user.