A Free Alternative Teen Program for Performing School or Court-Ordered Community Service
MOTIVATING & INSPIRING YOUTH
• COMMUNITY SERVICE
• LIFE SKILLS
• MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER
MY LIFE is a FREE 1-day, 6-hour course for youth 10 to 18 years of age, who have been school or court-ordered to participate in community service activities.
Hours are 9am to 3pm (may be subject to change)
Parents are asked to bring their child at least 15 minutes early to complete required paperwork.
The day’s activities have been developed to provide a thought provoking and life changing experience for the participants.
The program is based on the YMCA core values of HONESTY, RESPECT, CARING and RESPONSIBILITY.
Youth Registration 8:45am
Parent Orientation 8:45-9:00am
MY LIFE 9:00am-3:00pm
Pickup promptly at 3:00pm
The curriculum includes:
- A team building unit
- An educational unit
- An opportunity through community service work
The program often includes a motivational speaker who inspires the youths to write an exceptional letter through the "Power of the Pen"
• Cell phone use is prohibited during program.
• Students 10-18 yrs of age must be referred by a School or Teen Court Official or Judge.
• Students must arrive on time with all necessary forms filled out & signed.
• Parent/Guardian must attend the 8:45-9:00am orientation upon registration of their children.
• Parent/Guardian must be available via phone, and no more than 30 minutes away in case of emergency.