We currently do not have an active program.
We are looking for volunteers to serve on the Adventure Guides committee to help plan the program for 2017!
Please contact the branch if you are interested in serving on the committee.
The YMCA Adventure Guides & Princesses program is for boys and girls in kindergarten through third grade and their dads. As an Adventure Guide or Princess, you and your son/daughter will join a unique “Circle”. Circles are composed of five to nine father/child pairs. Circles meet once a month for fun activities in a member's home. The Adventure Guide Program builds greater self-confidence, a sense of responsibility both to themselves and to others, the ability to make good choices and to develop greater respect for others and their individual differences.
There are several activities that all Circles attend:
- Fall and Spring Campouts – Hiking, horseback riding, canoeing, adventure games and the traditional council fire. A weekend that will last a lifetime.
- Father/Child Banquets – Best described as more of a prom for the Princesses and for the Guides it is a night out on the town with Dad.
- Derby Day – Dad’s true competitive spirit comes out, but the real fun is spending hours cutting, sanding and painting to take a sublime block of wood into an incredible memory.
- Pumpkin Carving – Often the messiest of events but delivers a unique one on one memory with your child by helping them create their own vision of a Halloween tradition.
- Turkey Shoot – More fun activities that include paint balls and hot dogs (or turkey dogs). Take aim with you’re your child to create an unforgettable afternoon of new experiences.
- Christmas Parade – The best way to start the holiday season is by having each circle decorate a float to promote the Adventure program – to be displayed to all in town.
- Circle Activities – Events coordinated within the circle can include pool parties, bowling, volunteerism and craft making.
Pam Atkins, Interim Executive Director
Phone: 972 529-2559