The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all and we ask all persons to act maturely, behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs or events.
This Code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions. This list is not all-inclusive, and the YMCA reserves the right to deny, suspend or revoke membership/access privileges to any person if, in the YMCA’s sole discretion, the actions/inactions of a person are detrimental to the health, safety, or enjoyment of its employees, volunteers, members, or participants.
- Unlawful, abusive, derogatory, harassing, unwelcome, obscene or violent language or behavior towards others or themselves.
- Actions based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Openly carrying or concealing of any weapons, devices or objects which may be used as a weapon at a YMCA location or at a YMCA sponsored event or activity. All YMCA facilities have §30.06 and §30.07, Texas Penal Code signage posted.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco, or the use of products intended to mimic smoking or tobacco products while in, on, or around YMCA property, program or events.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA-sponsored programs/events.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior.
- Unsafe, inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Use of cell phones or any other device with photo/video capability in locker rooms and bathrooms. Use of these devices in other areas (swimming pool, fitness floor, etc.) should only be done with the express permission of the subject.
- Loitering within or on the grounds.
- Soliciting or conducting business on the premises including but not limited to personal fitness instruction, coaching, advice, demonstration, of fitness activities with or without compensation. The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas has full discretion to determine whether a member or guest is engaged in personal training or personal fitness instruction.
- Accessing or permitting access to the YMCA facility not in compliance with YMCA security policies. This includes card sharing, presenting false identification, sneaking people into the facility, failure to provide a valid photo ID and failure to provide a photo for facility access verification, etc.
- Using equipment for other than its intended purposes or not following posted or communicated safety instructions and rules. Equipment orientations are available at no cost to all members and guests.
The YMCA may conduct sex offender screenings on members and facility users. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access. In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been arrested for or convicted of any crime involving weapons, violence, sexual abuse, or the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs.
Please notify a YMCA staff person immediately if there is an accident, injury, unusual incident or you believe that that this Code of Conduct is being violated.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be suspended pending a final decision.