YMCA Forms & Resources
Afterschool/YMCA Learning Academy How To Form (formerly change form)
YMCA LEARNING ACADEMY
The YMCA continues to be a leader in childcare and education and we have been committed to meeting the needs of North Texas families for over 130 years. As school districts continue to alter their plans in light of the current pandemic, we realize that parents need our support now more than ever.
YMCA Learning Academy is an in-person program supporting students who are e-learning through their school district. Y Learning Academy is sure to support your child's virtual learning and keep them active and engaged during the day.
To help your child stay on task, avoid backslides during their school's virtual learning program, and support our children’s academic, physical, and mental health the Y has created a fun, safe, controlled environment in which your child can continue their educational journey with the support of a great team. Your child will benefit from:
- Lower group size than a traditional classroom setting at school
- Coordination with your school district for synchronous and asynchronous instruction via Zoom, Google Hangouts, and similar apps with a certified teacher
- Certified teacher for a portion of the day to assist with remote learning assignments
- An infusion of physical activities and fun brain breaks every day to support the body, mind, and spirit!
- Spelling/Sight Word Support, Independent reading
- Two Meals and one snack provided daily
- Times/Rates vary by location
- No supply/registration fee
- Updated health practices to ensure safe environment for all
Y Learning Academy will be offered in select locations starting August 10, 2020. Small overall facility capacity to further ensure the health and safety of our children and families. Limited Space Available
Parents please complete: Student Schedule/Technology Release Form
Hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm (vary by location)
Grades: Kindergarten - 6th
- T Boone Pickens YMCA: 601 N. Akard St., Dallas, 75201 (Hours: 7:30am - 3:30pm, extended care until 5:30pm) - program re-opens at this location 11/9
**All locations will comply with local County and City orders regarding capacity limits and limits on public gatherings.
Lunch and Snacks: Two meals and one healthy snack are provided at no additional cost. Please refer to our lunch/snack menu onsite for a list of meals/snacks. Please note that we do not allow any foods that contain or are processed in plants with tree or peanuts at any of our sites.
Rates: dependent upon location, no discounts available
- T Boone Pickens YMCA: $225/week; Extended Care Option: $300/week
For questions or concerns, please contact us at: