YMCA Forms & Resources
YMCA LEARNING ACADEMY
The YMCA continues to be a leader in childcare and education and we have been committed to meeting the needs of North Texas families for over 130 years. As school districts continue to alter their plans in light of the current pandemic, we realize that parents need our support now more than ever.
YMCA Learning Academy is an in-person program supporting students who are e-learning through their school district. Y Learning Academy is sure to support your child's virtual learning and keep them active and engaged during the day.
To help your child stay on task, avoid backslides during their school's virtual learning program, and support our children’s academic, physical, and mental health the Y has created a fun, safe, controlled environment in which your child can continue their educational journey with the support of a great team. Your child will benefit from:
- Lower group size than a traditional classroom setting at school
- Coordination with your school district for synchronous and asynchronous instruction via Zoom, Google Hangouts, and similar apps with a certified teacher
- Peer-to-peer interaction
- An infusion of physical activities and fun brain breaks every day to support the body, mind, and spirit!
- Spelling/Sight Word Support, Independent reading
- Nutritious snacks provided (AM/PM snacks)
- Daily, Weekly rates available
- No supply/registration fee
- Continuing health & safety protocols to ensure our locations remains safe for children, staff, and families.
Y Learning Academy will be offered in select locations starting August 17, 2020. Small overall facility capacity to further ensure the health and safety of our children and families. Limited Space Available
Hours: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Grades: Kindergarten - 5th
- Chase Oaks Church - Legacy Campus: 281 Legacy Dr., Plano, 75023
- Coppell Family YMCA: 146 Town Center Blvd, Coppell, 75019
- Frisco Family YMCA: 3415 Main St., Frisco, 75034
- McKinney Family YMCA: 300 Ridge Rd., McKinney, 75072
**All locations will comply with local County and City orders regarding capacity limits and limits on public gatherings.
Lunch and Snacks: Please ensure your child has a sack lunch daily (refrigeration is not available). Two healthy snacks are provided at no additional cost. Please refer to our snack menu onsite for a list of snacks. Please note that we do not allow any foods that contain or are processed in plants with tree or peanuts at any of our sites.
Rates: daily rates visible from registration page, dependent upon location, no discounts available
For questions or concerns, please contact us at: