TX MUN Committee Chair Application
Being selected to chair a committee for TXMUN is a high honor worthy of individuals with excellent character, a love for Model United Nations, and a desire to serve others. Delegates who apply will be eligible to chair at both Regional and State Conferences. State Chairs will be recognized after witnessing their performance at Regional.
Application deadline April 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by TXMUN committee and current and later, new Secretariat. Interviews will be via phone and Zoom. Chair candidates for will be notified before the end of the school year.
Duties of committee chairs are:
1. Work closely with Secretariat.
2. Author Chair Reports for their committee on time by deadline. Know that your work is the example and guide for all
delegates in your committee.
3. Review all position papers in their committee for award nominations.
4. Be extremely knowledgeable in North American Parliamentary Procedure.
5. Be extremely knowledgeable in their committee structure and topics.
6. Model and Maintain order, efficiency and YMCA core values in their committee at conference.
7. Chairs must serve throughout the events in which they serve; without exception.
Please contact Yashi McGowan if you have further questions.