YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS BLOG
Welcome to the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas blog! We're committed to ensuring all people have equitable access to the essential needed to become thriving members of the community. We aim to bridge and fulfill community needs as a catalyst for impactful change. Read, engage, and be inspired with us!
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
We consider this online community one big YMCA. We want to hear from you on social media and about our blogs, but have a few things that we do not allow. We cannot allow posts or comments that contain, discuss or promote:
- abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language
- personal attacks of any kind
- illegal activity
- political campaigns
- religious issues
- legal or employment issues
- posting of premium content from any website
- fake news or any content intended to mislead
- Conversations that negatively target specific individuals, groups, or organizations
- Posts that are spam, solicitations or advertisements
- Contest and voting campaign posts that are not authorized by the Y
- Any profile icon or name related to commercial content that promotes another business, website, specialty page other than a Y or those approved by the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
- Personally identifiable information (like phone numbers or email addresses), private or sensitive details about another person
- Material or information that you don’t have the right to post or share
SOCIAL MEDIA CODE OF CONDUCT
- Do not engage in behavior or comments that are, or could be construed by any observer to be, harsh, abusive, coercive, threatening, intimidating, shaming, derogatory, demeaning, or humiliating.
- Do not engage in personal attacks, sexually oriented conversations, or discussions about sexual activity.
- Be a positive role model by exhibiting professionalism in all interactions; portray an attitude of respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, tact, and maturity.
- Only program-related messaging may be communicated electronically between employees and volunteers of the organization and consumers, and parents/guardians. Such communication should generally occur during standard business hours.
- Employees and volunteers are prohibited from sending private messages to consumers and/or replying to private messages from a consumer. If a consumer attempt to privately communicate with an employee or volunteer electronically, their supervisor must be notified immediately.
- Personal social networking profiles and/or blogs of employees and volunteers shall be private and not shared with consumers. Employees and volunteers with profiles on social networking sites shall not request to be “friends” with or follow consumers or approve friend or follow requests from consumers.
- Employees and volunteers may not engage in electronic communication or social media contact with other family members or friends of consumers.
- Never reveal sensitive or confidential information, including identifiable details or photos of a consumer without written consent from their parent or legal guardian.
- Employees and volunteers may not post or share on their personal social media accounts any photographs or videos of consumers participating in the organization’s programs.
- Employees and volunteers may not post or share inappropriate photos or comments on photos of consumers.
- Do not make pornography in any form available to consumers participating in the organization’s programs, events, and activities or assist consumers in any way in gaining access to pornography.
- Employees and volunteers may not create web pages on behalf of the organization unless they have prior approval to do so and may not misrepresent their work with the organization or the organization itself.
- Employees and volunteers engaging in social media and online communication become a public figure associated with the organization and are responsible to help protect the organization and its consumers. Always act in a professional and constructive manner and use sound judgement before posting or sharing content.
- Rather than personally defend the organization’s reputation, employees and volunteers should notify their supervisor or an administrator of a negative comment or online representation or if any member of the media contacts them about any matter related to the organization.
- Employees and volunteers must adhere to uniform standards of electronic communication and social media use as outlined in any applicable organizational policies and procedures.
- This Code of Conduct and associated policies and procedures shall be provided to parents/guardians of consumers. It shall also be available on the organization’s website for public view.
- Consumers and Parents/guardians may request in writing that a consumer not be contacted through any form of electronic communication or social media by an employee or volunteer of the organization
Differences of opinion are welcome as long as they are respectful. Be courteous and respect those asking questions with friendly, informative discussions. If it’s not, it will be deleted. Posters will be permanently banned immediately for a serious, willful, and/or repeated violation of any of these rules.
User-submitted content (including comments, updates, photos and videos) do not necessarily represent the views of YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas.
The statements and opinions posted on ymcadallas.org/blog are offered for educational, informational, and social purposes only, should not be construed as personal medical advice, and are not intended to diagnose any medical condition or replace your or anyone else’s healthcare provider. Please consult with a physician or local healthcare provider before taking any advice that might affect you or anyone else’s health and well-being.
Some links featured on our website, social media, blogs, and forums will take you to non-YMCA websites. The views and opinions of authors expressed on those websites do not necessarily state or reflect those of the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas.
For more information about this policy, please email: email@example.com
Check out this collection of blog articles featuring stories about family, health, wellness, and more!