YMCA WINTER WARMING CENTERS
Select YMCAs serving Dallas, Denton, Ellis and Rockwall counties are opening their doors to those in the community without power and/or water as a safe place to warm up from 10:00am - 5:30pm on Wednesday, February 17 through Friday, February 19 and Saturday and Sunday February 20th and 21st through normal operating hours. Participating YMCA's include:
- Moorland Family YMCA at Oak Cliff
- Park South YMCA
- Waxahachie Family YMCA
- White Rock Family YMCA
- J.E.R. Chilton Family YMCA at Rockwall
- Richardson Family YMCA
- Cross Timbers Family YMCA
- Semones Family YMCA
- Moody Family YMCA
- Frisco Family YMCA
- Coppell Family YMCA
- Lake Highlands YMCA
- T. Boone Pickens YMCA
Hot coffee, charging stations, WiFi access and water stations will be available. Locker rooms at these branches are also open for those who need a hot shower - families can have exclusive use of the locker rooms for showers in 20-minute intervals.
These select YMCAs are open to the public for the warming centers and members may also have access to exercise in the wellness floor (treadmills, machines, free weights, etc). Group Exercise, personal training & ChildWatch will not be available.Hot coffee, charging stations, WiFi access and water bottle refill stations will be available.
We are asking people who come to please wear a mask and stay within their family unit while inside the branch. Families can access the facility for 3-hour windows but can stay longer if there is no waiting list for folks to come in, and the facility is not at capacity. Fitness equipment is available to those who would like to use it. Families may also bring food to warm up in microwaves where available. Spaces will be set up to maintain social distancing. More information can be found in the attached flyer and on our website, https://www.ymcadallas.org/blog/ymca-winter-warming-centers.
All other Dallas YMCA branches not listed will be closed Wed, Feb 17th due to the inclement weather and power shortages.
Please see the promotional flyer here.
- Everyone two years old and up must wear a mask to enter and must remain on at all times unless eating or drinking or actively working out.
- Our COVID-19 Safety & Health Policy provides more details and can be found here. To protect the health and safety of our staff and guests at all locations, all YMCA branches, camps and programs within the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Association will be applying this policy regardless of county.
- Families can access the facility for 3-hour chunks of time but may be able to stay longer if there is no waiting list for folks to come in, and the facility is not at capacity.
- Families must stay together and wear masks the entire time they are in the facility. Only when eating or drinking can they take the masks off. Kids must be with parents at all times, and fitness floor access could be a great way to burn energy and keep folks engaged. All our same policies apply.
- Televisions may be available to watch but the Y encourages families to bring their own devices.
- Families may bring easy warm-up food in microwaves where available. Otherwise, other snacks and ready-to-eat food can be consumed. We ask that families be mindful and clean up their items/area when finished.
- Charging areas may be available for up to 4 devices for 1 hour. Families may need to sign up for time slots.
- Families may use the locker rooms for showers in 20-minute intervals. Adults only up to three at a time.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the facility.