What We Offer
- Health and Wellness
- Adventure Guides
- Parents Night Out
- After School Care
- Youth & Government
- Child Watch
- Home Learner P.E.
- Give to the Y
During your first month as a member, if you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel and receive a 100% refund of all fees paid. Annual memberships can be canceled at any time, with a pro-rated refund issued for the unused portion; monthly memberships require 30 days notice.
Member Behavior Policies
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all and we ask all persons to act maturely, behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs or events.
This Code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions. This list is not all-inclusive, and the YMCA reserves the right to deny, suspend or revoke membership/access privileges to any person if, in the YMCA’s sole discretion, the actions/inactions of a person are detrimental to the health, safety, or enjoyment of its employees, volunteers, members, or participants.
- Unlawful, abusive, derogatory, harassing, unwelcome, obscene or violent language or behavior towards others or themselves.
- Actions based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Openly carrying or concealing of any weapons, devices or objects which may be used as a weapon at a YMCA location or at a YMCA sponsored event or activity. All YMCA facilities have §30.06 and §30.07, Texas Penal Code signage posted.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco, or the use of products intended to mimic smoking or tobacco products while in, on, or around YMCA property, program or events.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA-sponsored programs/events.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior.
- Unsafe, inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Use of cell phones in locker room or bathrooms.
- Loitering within or on the grounds.
- Personal fitness instruction (paid/unpaid) by anyone not certified and employed by the YMCA.
- Accessing or permitting access to the YMCA facility not in compliance with YMCA security policies. This includes card sharing, presenting false identification, sneaking friends into the facility, failure to provide a photo ID and photo for access, etc.
- Using equipment for other than its intended purposes or not following safety instructions. Equipment orientations are available at no cost to all members and guests upon request.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access. In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been arrested for or convicted of any crime involving weapons, violence, sexual abuse, or the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs.
Please notify a YMCA staff person immediately if there is an accident, injury, unusual incident or you believe that that this Code of Conduct is being violated.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.
Your membership dues may be paid in one of two ways: Monthly Automatic bank or credit card debit or you may choose to make an Annual Payment. Cash, check or credit cards are accepted for both payment plans. Membership dues are subject to change with a 30-day notice to members.
EFT Payment Plan
Under the automatic bank or credit debit monthly payment plan, you make an initial down payment (joiner's fee + first month's dues). You then authorize the YMCA and your bank or credit card company to automatically debit your account. Your monthly dues are continuous.
Adjusting or Canceling Your Membership
You may adjust your membership (for example, from adult to family) or cancel your monthly debit by giving the YMCA a 30-day notice in writing. There is no contract. A member may cancel membership at any time.
Members may temporarily suspend their membership for up to 3 months during the course of the year for medical reasons or extended travel. Other extenuating circumstances must be approved by an authorized staff member. A Hold form must be completed at least 30 days in advance of the requested hold date. Holding a membership for vacation, short-term illness, business, disability or pregnancy is not permitted.
Transferring Your Membership
If you wish to transfer your branch membership to another YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas branch, you will not be charged a joiner's fee. Simply go to your current branch to complete the termination process, and then go to the new branch you wish to join. If you are leaving the Dallas area and wish to join a YMCA in your new hometown, we can provide a letter stating that you paid a joiner's fee and were a member in good standing.
Complete refunds will be made on all programs that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements. All refund requests must be made in writing prior to registration deadline and will be subject to a $15.00 service fee per request. No refunds can be made after the start of a program without proper authorization. All refunds are subject to specific program rules as well as director approval.
We believe so strongly in the quality of our member services and programs that we are willing to provide a satisfaction guarantee of all our memberships. If during the first month of your membership you are not satisfied for any reason you may cancel your membership and receive a 100% refund of both your joiner's fee and membership fee.
Youth/Teen Membership Guidelines
Gymnasium: Members 12 yrs and over may be in the facility without parent supervision.
Upon completion of an orientation with a Wellness Coach or Personal Trainer, youth may use any of the cardio equipment such as the bikes, ellipticals, treadmills, rowers, etc. on the fitness floor. A parent or guardian must be present in the facility. Will be required to wear Orange wristband during time on the fitness floor.
AGES 13-14 YEARS Purple Wristband
Upon completion of an orientation with a Wellness Coach or Personal Trainer, youth may use any of the cardio equipment and the strength machines. This EXCLUDES all free weights, Queenax, any plate loaded equipment, kettlebells and barbells. Will be required to wear Purple wristband during time on the fitness floor.
Upon completion of an orientation with Wellness Coach or Personal Trainer, youth may use any and all fitness equipment unless otherwise noted. Will be required to wear Blue wristband during time on the fitness floor.
Youth must go through an orientation at each age tier to be approved to use the equipment allowed in each tier. Youth must demonstrate the ability and caution to use the fitness area safely and responsibly.
Pool: Members 8 yrs and older may enjoy the pool without parent supervision. Members under 8 must be supervised by a parent in the pool area. Parents must be within touching distance of children while in a pool if the child has a red wrist band and does not desire to wear a personal flotation device.
Adult Locker Rooms: Must be 15 or older to use the Men's or Ladies Locker Room.
CREDIT CARD/BANK DRAFT AGREEMENT
- Credit Card/Bank Draft is a continuous membership plan. Your membership will remain active until you submit a written termination notice.
- If you wish to terminate or change your membership in any way, you must give the YMCA a thirty (30) day written notice in advance of the your next draft in order to guarantee termination/change will take effect prior to that draft.
- The YMCA may, at its discretion, adjust the monthly rate it charges for my membership. You will receive at least 30 days notice prior to any change. Teen memberships automatically adjust to Adult at age 19; Adult memberships automatically adjust to Senior at age 62.
- Should any preauthorized credit or bank draft not be honored by the issuer when received by them, the YMCA will automatically resubmit that draft for payment within ninety (90) days and add to it a $25.00 service charge. The YMCA service charge is in addition to any service fee your bank may charge.
- After two (2) unpaid drafts/months, the YMCA will immediately terminate your membership until all payments are up to date.
Other Membership Policies
- With approval from the Executive Director, your membership may be placed on hold for (3) months in any 12-month period at no charge for reasons of medical injury or illness or extended travel. You must give thirty (30) days written notice prior to the month(s) you wish to have your membership held.
- Membership Cards are not transferable to anyone else and remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon termination of your membership.
- There may be a fee assessed for replacement membership cards.
- A Joiner Fee will be reassessed to memberships that have lapsed for more than sixty (60) days
I hereby irrevocably release, consent and allow the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas to use my/our photographs/likeness, as it pertains to my/our participation with the YMCA, in any manner for promotional efforts without expectation of any reimbursement in connection with its use.
By my signature on the waiver and of my free will, I do hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas from any and all claims or demands, costs or expenses arising out of any injuries, damages or other losses, whether personal or property, sustained by me or any party to whom I am responsible. By my signature I acknowledge that I have been given information to read with regards to other YMCA policies. I have read and understand the policies on the reverse side.
A joiner fee is a one-time fee paid when you purchase your membership.
Current members are exempt from this fee if the membership is renewed within 60 days of the cancellation date.
The YMCA welcomes all guest to our facility. All guests must show a picture ID. Guests are allowed 3 visits per year.
Guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult when using the facility and have a parent signature.
Child Abuse Prevention Information
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas wants all children and teens to be safe. Unfortunately, child abuse does exist, including physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect. We take proactive steps in the prevention of child abuse including thorough staff/volunteer screening, child abuse prevention training and staff/volunteer rules aimed at protecting children from abuse.
As a parent you can help to ensure the safety of your child by working with us to keep your child safe. Here are some things you can do:
- Talk to your child about his or her experiences in YMCA programs.
- Drop in on your child’s programs.
- Trust your instincts.
- Don’t wait to tell us if something seems “strange.”
- Speak up! Listen and watch for signs of your child receiving special attention that other children or teens are not receiving, including favors, treats, gifts, rides, increasing affection or time alone, particularly outside the activities of school, child care and other activities. Ask to see the rules staff and volunteers are required to follow to protect children from abuse. If you know someone is breaking those rules, let us know immediately.
If you have concerns about how your child is being treated in any YMCA sponsored program please let the YMCA know by contacting the YMCA staff person who oversees the program or contacting our Values Line at 888-475-8376.