What We Offer
- Health and Wellness
- Baseball & T-Ball
- Summer Sports Camps & Clinics
- Stingray Swim Team
- Activities & Programs
- Give to the Y
During your first month as a member, if you are not satisfied for any reason, you may cancel and receive a 100% refund of all fees paid. Annual memberships can be canceled at any time, with a pro-rated refund issued for the unused portion; monthly memberships require 30 days notice.
Member Behavior Policies
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all and we ask all persons to act maturely, behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others at all times when in our facilities, on our property or participating in our programs or events.
This Code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions. This list is not all-inclusive, and the YMCA reserves the right to deny, suspend or revoke membership/access privileges to any person if, in the YMCA’s sole discretion, the actions/inactions of a person are detrimental to the health, safety, or enjoyment of its employees, volunteers, members, or participants.
- Unlawful, abusive, derogatory, harassing, unwelcome, obscene or violent language or behavior towards others or themselves.
- Actions based on an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- Openly carrying or concealing of any weapons, devices or objects which may be used as a weapon at a YMCA location or at a YMCA sponsored event or activity. All YMCA facilities have §30.06 and §30.07, Texas Penal Code signage posted.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco, or the use of products intended to mimic smoking or tobacco products while in, on, or around YMCA property, program or events.
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA-sponsored programs/events.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior.
- Unsafe, inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Use of cell phones in locker room or bathrooms.
- Loitering within or on the grounds.
- Personal fitness instruction (paid/unpaid) by anyone not certified and employed by the YMCA.
- Accessing or permitting access to the YMCA facility not in compliance with YMCA security policies. This includes card sharing, presenting false identification, sneaking friends into the facility, failure to provide a photo ID and photo for access, etc.
- Using equipment for other than its intended purposes or not following safety instructions. Equipment orientations are available at no cost to all members and guests upon request.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access. In addition, the YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been arrested for or convicted of any crime involving weapons, violence, sexual abuse, or the sale, possession and/or transportation of illegal drugs.
Please notify a YMCA staff person immediately if there is an accident, injury, unusual incident or you believe that that this Code of Conduct is being violated.
Suspension or termination of YMCA membership may result from a violation of this Code of Conduct. While an incident is being investigated, the membership of the person(s) accused of violating this Code of Conduct may be temporarily suspended pending a final decision.
CREDIT CARD/BANK DRAFT AGREEMENT
- Credit Card/Bank Draft is a continuous membership plan. Your membership will remain active until you submit a written termination notice.
- If you wish to terminate or change your membership in any way, you must give the YMCA a thirty (30) day written notice in advance of the your next draft in order to guarantee termination/change will take effect prior to that draft.
- The YMCA may, at its discretion, adjust the monthly rate it charges for my membership. You will receive at least 30 days notice prior to any change. Teen memberships automatically adjust to Adult at age 19; Adult memberships automatically adjust to Senior at age 62.
- Should any preauthorized credit or bank draft not be honored by the issuer when received by them, the YMCA will automatically resubmit that draft for payment within ninety (90) days and add to it a $25.00 service charge. The YMCA service charge is in addition to any service fee your bank may charge.
- After two (2) unpaid drafts/months, the YMCA will immediately terminate your membership until all payments are up to date.
Other Membership Policies
- With approval from the Executive Director, your membership may be placed on hold for (3) months in any 12-month period at no charge for reasons of medical injury or illness or extended travel. You must give thirty (30) days written notice prior to the month(s) you wish to have your membership held.
- Membership Cards are not transferable to anyone else and remain the property of the YMCA and must be surrendered upon termination of your membership.
- There may be a fee assessed for replacement membership cards.
- A Joiner Fee will be reassessed to memberships that have lapsed for more than sixty (60) days
I hereby irrevocably release, consent and allow the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas to use my/our photographs/likeness, as it pertains to my/our participation with the YMCA, in any manner for promotional efforts without expectation of any reimbursement in connection with its use.
By my signature on the waiver and of my free will, I do hereby agree to indemnify and save harmless the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas from any and all claims or demands, costs or expenses arising out of any injuries, damages or other losses, whether personal or property, sustained by me or any party to whom I am responsible. By my signature I acknowledge that I have been given information to read with regards to other YMCA policies. I have read and understand the policies on the reverse side.
A joiner fee is a one-time fee paid when you purchase your membership.
Current members are exempt from this fee if the membership is renewed within 60 days of the cancellation date.
USE OF FACILITIES BY CHILDREN & YOUTH— Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by a parent /adult (age 18 & up) on site at all times, unless the child is in an organized program such as Child Watch or Kid Fit.
Youth ages 10—14 must meet with a Wellness Coach and complete the Youth Fitness Test in order to earn specific fitness floor privileges. Privileges may include cardio machines and machine weights based on height and maturity during non-peak facility hours and weekends. Must workout with a buddy age 15 or older.
Youth ages 13 and older may participate in group exercise classes after completing a Wellness Center Orientation.
The YMCA welcomes all guest to our facility. All guests must show a picture ID. Guests are allowed 3 visits per year.
Guests under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult when using the facility and have a parent signature.
Child Abuse Prevention Information
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas wants all children and teens to be safe. Unfortunately, child abuse does exist, including physical, emotional and sexual abuse and neglect. We take proactive steps in the prevention of child abuse including thorough staff/volunteer screening, child abuse prevention training and staff/volunteer rules aimed at protecting children from abuse.
As a parent you can help to ensure the safety of your child by working with us to keep your child safe. Here are some things you can do:
- Talk to your child about his or her experiences in YMCA programs.
- Drop in on your child’s programs.
- Trust your instincts.
- Don’t wait to tell us if something seems “strange.”
- Speak up! Listen and watch for signs of your child receiving special attention that other children or teens are not receiving, including favors, treats, gifts, rides, increasing affection or time alone, particularly outside the activities of school, child care and other activities. Ask to see the rules staff and volunteers are required to follow to protect children from abuse. If you know someone is breaking those rules, let us know immediately.
If you have concerns about how your child is being treated in any YMCA sponsored program please let the YMCA know by contacting the YMCA staff person who oversees the program or contacting our Values Line at 888-475-8376.