A BRAND NEW PARK SOUTH FAMILY YMCA IS COMING!
For nearly 55 years, our Y has been a place of community for residents of South Dallas' historic Queen City district, offering preschool education, after-school programming, swim lessons, fitness classes, meal distribution, among several other programs supporting the well-being of our community – but we want to make it even better!
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is excited to announce that a brand-new Park South Family YMCA is coming!
It’s everything you love about our facility but with a fresh look and feel to improve our service to members.
- A dedicated wing for our preschool with its own entry
- Special spaces for our seniors and community to gather for events and classes
- A new pool for our swim team and aqua classes
- Updated and modernized fitness center space and lobby
Here’s what you can expect:
- Current programming will continue throughout the remainder of the summer with day camp, teen camp, swim lessons, and fitness classes offered during regular operating hours.
- During construction, the Y will continue to offer preschool at our building across the street, as well as YMCA Afterschool, fitness classes, and other programs through the support of community partner facilities in the immediate area.
- As always, your Y membership allows you to visit any of our local YMCAs, including the locations nearest Park South:
- September 8th was the last day in the current the Park South Family YMCA building.
- Demolition of the current facility will begin in early December 2023.
- We anticipate our new facility to open in early 2025.
Please continue to visit our construction project webpage and our social media accounts for updates on how to be a part of programming, the construction project, and invitations to future events to celebrate our new Y!
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMEFRAMES
- September 8, 2023: Last day for public use of the existing Park South Family YMCA building
- Early December: Demolition of the current building
- Early 2025: Opening of the new Park South Family YMCA