YMCA youth sports encourage and promote healthy kids, families and communities by placing a priority on family involvement, healthy competition rather than rivalry, the value of participation over winning, team-building as well as individual development, a positive self-image and mutual respect for others. Parents are encouraged to be more than mere spectators, by contributing their time as volunteer coaches - as well as being their kid's greatest fan.
YOUTH SPORTS HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATE
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas has taken great pride, care, and deliberation in preparing for youth sports. Our youth sports programs are under constant evaluation given current medical and government guidelines and requirements. As we work to provide a safe environment for our Youth Sports participants, the following measures will be taken by our staff/volunteers and asked of our Youth Sports families:
- Self-health screening
- Temperature checks for players and coaches on game days
- Social distanced seating of spectators
- Limited capacity and number of spectators per player in gyms for indoor sports
- Staggered game times to ease congestion on game days.
- Masks required for spectators in all indoor facilities; optional for players