Esports At The YMCA
Welcome to the world of YMCA Esports, where passion meets competition!
Ready up for heart-racing action and intense excitement at YMCA Esports! Get ready to dive into the world of video game competitions, featuring Fortnite, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, NBA 2K, Call of Duty:Mobile and Minecraft. Whether you're a solo player or part of a formidable team, our leagues and tournaments will push your skills to the limit and ignite your competitive spirit!
But it's not just about the competition; it's about creating good citizens online. At YMCA Esports, we value sportsmanship, teamwork, and personal growth above all else. Embrace healthy competition, build unbreakable bonds with fellow gamers, and watch your individual talents skyrocket to new heights.
Join our program today and find out if you have what it takes to become a YMCA Champion!
Questions on Esports? Contact Megan Insco, Esports Director.
The video game titles, images, photographs, and graphics listed or shown are the copyright and intellectual property of each respective owner.
GET IN THE GAME AND SAVE!
Subscribe to Esports Plus! Gain access to both FREE ENTRY to our virtual and in-person tournaments, coaching sessions, exclusive newsletters and Discord access, and more all month long!
Compete in Local Tournaments at a YMCA near you.
Join us for a 10-week Virtual League Play Season with coaching and tournaments. Test your skills against players from YMCAs all over Texas! (First two weeks are practice or late registration.)
Compete in Fortnite, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rocket League, and Minecraft from the comfort of your own home!
Challenge your friends on a massive 20-foot screen!
CREATE AN ESPORTS CLUB AT YOUR CAMPUS! Our club semester program allows students to participate in Esports while improving social skills and creating lasting friendships.
Dallas Defenders Jersey
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I support my child in their interest of gaming and eSports?
YMCA Esports is the development of values through a progressive program stressing skill development, fun, physical fitness, and friendly competition. All youth have an opportunity to play and families are encouraged to participate. Additional benefits include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function.
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children.
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization.
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends.
- In the span of just five years, over 125 higher education institutions have created varsity collegiate Esports programs including local colleges –University of North Texas, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, SMU and Texas Wesleyan University.
- More than thirty U.S. colleges and universities offer scholarships for gamers.
Do I have to be a YMCA Member?
No, the youth league is open to anyone ages 6-17. Adult league is open to anyone 18 and older. eSports+ members will receive a discounted registration fee and free tournament entry fees.
How do I register for Esports events and communicate with Esports staff?
There are multiple ways of staying up-to-date with Esports.
You can also register for events using this website and by purchasing an Esports+ subscription, the latter of which gives you reduced rate for the league and tournaments, one tournament entry free each month, free group coaching sessions, one free private coaching session exclusive newsletters, and more!
Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org or you can email Megan Insco our Esports Director for more information.
What is the YMCA refund Policy?
Refunds/makeups/transfers are NOT available for missed matches
- 7 days or less from start of season or event- no refund
- 8+ days from season or event 75% refund less $10 processing fee