Esports At The YMCA
Esports is a video game competition for individuals and teams. Gamers in the Y's leagues and tournaments will enjoy game play in Rocket League, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Fortnite, Minecraft, and NBA2K.
As with all YMCA leagues, YMCA Esports will encourage and promote healthy kids, families, and communities by placing a priority on involvement, healthy competition rather than rivalry, the value of participation over winning, team-building as well as individual development, a positive self-image, and mutual respect for others.
Questions on Esports? Contact Fernando Garcia , Mobile/Esports Director.
The video game titles, images, photographs, and graphics listed or shown are the copyright and intellectual property of each respective owner.
GET IN THE GAME AND SAVE!
Subscribe to Esports Plus! Gain access to both virtual and in-person tournaments as well as opportunities for coaching.
Compete in Local Tournaments at a YMCA near you.
Join us for an 8-week Virtual League Play Season with coaching and tournaments. Test your skills against players from our greater YMCA network.
Tournament Games Played
Currently Active: Fortnite
Stay updated on events to come.
The Tech Hub vehicle is available for rental! Fill out the interest form and we will contact you with further information.
Non - Member $425
Due to the High Demand for Esports, an Esports Camp is coming to White Rock YMCA!
More information to come!
Team Defender jerseys are available to order:Jersey order link
*Jerseys are not included*
You may purchase this jersey or participate in one of our in-person tournaments to win one of these amazing jerseys!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I support my child in their interest of gaming and eSports?
YMCA Esports is the development of values through a progressive program stressing skill development, fun, physical fitness, and friendly competition. All youth have an opportunity to play and families are encouraged to participate. Additional benefits include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function.
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children.
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization.
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends.
- In the span of just five years, over 125 higher education institutions have created varsity collegiate Esports programs including local colleges –North Texas University, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, SMU
- More than thirty U.S. colleges and universities offer scholarships for gamers.
Do I have to be a YMCA Member?
No, the league is open to anyone ages 8-18. eSports members will receive a discounted registration fee and free tournament entry fees.
Do I register as a team or does YMCA form teams?
All players that are participating in a multiplayer game must register as a team. The YMCA will not put players together to form teams. Register with fellow friends or classmates.
What is the YMCA refund Policy?
Refunds/makeups/transfers are NOT available for missed matches
- 7 days or less from start of event- no refund
- 8+ days from event 75% refund less $10 processing fee