Esports is video game competition for individuals and teams. Gamers in the Y's leagues and tournaments will enjoy game play in Rocket League, Madden, Smash, Fortnite, Pokemon, NBA2K, and FIFA.
As with all YMCA leagues, YMCA Esports will encourage and promote healthy kids, families and communities by placing a priority on involvement, healthy competition rather than rivalry, the value of participation over winning, team-building as well as individual development, a positive self-image and mutual respect for others.
Questions on Esports? Contact Rodney Black, Senior Sports Director.
The video game titles, images, photographs and graphics listed or shown are the copyright and intellectual property of each respective owner.
Solo Bedwars Tournament (8 teams per server)
In the bedwars format, teams spawn on an island with a bed, resource generators, and some shops. Teams must aim to destroy other players' beds and knock them out while defending their own. As long as your bed remains, you will respawn. The last team remaining wins.
Teams will receive points based on their final standings:
1st = 5 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point
Additionally, players receive 1 point per final kill.
A final kill happens when a player's bed is destroyed and they are killed and thus will not respawn.
Dates & Times:
August 29th starting @ 1 pm CST
How to Register / Join:
- Players sign up via YMCA Registration
- Parents & Students to join the informational call on August 25th, @ 7:30 pm CST
- Information will be given there
- Come tournament day, players join via the server IP we provide (will be posted in the rules on the event, it will also be sent out the night before via email) (ex: Server = avgl.minecraft.org)
Minimum PC requirements to run the game:
Minimum: Intel Core i3-3210 / AMD A8-7600 APU or equivalent 4GB
Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690 / AMD A10-7800 APU or equivalent 8GB
If you do not have the Java Edition of Minecraft but have a capable computer, we can provide up to 10 users free Java Edition minecraft accounts to use for the tournament.
Fortnite- Playing outline 1 v 1
Kill Race Format / Elimination Race -
Players earn points by playing live server Fortnite games as a solo in either Arena or on a normal live Battle Royale.
Points are based on the number of eliminations and what place they got in the game.
This Tournament’s Point System:
Victory Royale: 41 Points
2nd : 34 Points
3rd: 30 Points
4th: 27 Points
5th: 25 Points
6th: 22 Points
7th: 20 Points
8th: 18 Points
9th: 16 points
10th: 14 Points
11th - 15th: 10 Points
16th - 20th: 7 Points
21st - 30th: 4 Points
31st - 50th: 2 Points
Elimination Points: 2 per kill
Tournament Start time: - August 27th, 6pm Local time (CST)
Tournament End time: - August 28th, 11:59 pm Local time (CST)
How to play:
- Come tournament start time, the tournament will start at 6pm.
- Players are allowed to play as many games as they would like between the allotted time frame at their convenience
- Any games started before the tournament start time will not register.
- Additionally, any games ending after the tournament end time will not register.
- Scores will be taken from the teams highest 5 matches for a cumulative score
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I support my child in their interest of gaming and eSports?
YMCA Esports is the development of values through a progressive program stressing skill development, fun, physical fitness, and friendly competition. All youth have an opportunity to play and families are encouraged to participate. Additional benefits include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function.
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children.
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization.
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends.
- In the span of just five years, over 125 higher education institutions have created varsity collegiate Esports programs including local colleges –North Texas University, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, SMU
- More than thirty U.S. colleges and universities offer scholarships for gamers.
Does the YMCA supply equipment?
All players will supply their own equipment for eSports league and tournaments. Systems can include Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PlayStation or PC.
Do I have to be a YMCA Member?
No, the league is open to anyone ages 8-18. eSports members will receive a discounted registration fee and free tournament entry fees.
Do I register as a team or does YMCA form teams?
All players that are participating in a multiplayer game must register as a team. The YMCA will not put players together to form teams. Register with fellow friends or classmates.
What is the YMCA refund Policy?
Refunds/makeups/transfers are NOT available for missed matches
- 7 days or less from start of event- no refund
- 8+ days from event 75% refund less $10 processing fee