BECOME A LIFEGUARD OR SWIM INSTRUCTOR AT THE Y!
When you choose to become a lifeguard or swim instructor, you are taking a stand to be a lifesaver, to protect others, and to serve your community. Develop the skills you will need to succeed, gain personal and professional confidence, and even advance into an aquatics career.
Whether you are looking for a great summer job or career as a professional lifeguard, the Dallas YMCA Lifeguard and Swim Instructor program is the place to begin! Through classroom activities, group discussion and hands-on practice, you’ll learn the skills you need to work as a lifeguard.
Do not let your current swimming skills stop you from applying. If you would like to become a lifeguard let us perform a swim assessment. You can participate in our Lifeguard Academy Program to help improve your skills. Please complete your interest form today by clicking here.
Benefits of working for the Y:
- $500 BONUS if you work 25hrs/week and stay through Aug 5th.
- $0.50 hourly pay increase after the completion of training.
- Employee referral bonus of $500
- Free summer day camp enrollment for 1st child. 2nd child enrollment is 50% off.
- Free training and certification fee.
- Free YMCA membership.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Part-Time benefits package includes virtual doctor visits, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance.
- Paid Time Off based on hours worked and years of service.
- Discounted rates on programs - personal training, camp, etc.
- Positions are available in indoor and outdoor pools.
- Voluntary 403b Retirement Savings Plan.
Want to become a lifeguard? It all begins with getting certified. We provide certification training to become a lifeguard, instructor, and coach. If you love the water and have a passion to keep people safe, this is the position for you! Read more here about our Lifeguard certification course.
**Applicants must be 16 years of age or older"
YMCA swim instructors teach children as young as 3 years old, all the way through adulthood. We provide a safe environment where everyone is welcome and made comfortable to learn how to swim. Read more here about our swim lessons program.
Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. Swim Instructors and Lifeguards working in the YMCA’s Safety Around Water program help children in our communities learn essential water safety skills at their local pools for free. Read more here about our Safety Around Water program.