INTERNSHIPS AT THE YMCA
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Internship Program is a Project-Based internship designed to provide individuals an opportunity to create or develop programs, operational systems, or communication strategies to improve our services we provide to the community. Interns will interact and engage with many of our Executives, Vice Presidents, and Senior Program Directors, attend leadership meetings, engage in professional development trainings, and interact with our customers in the community. Our goal is to provide interns an overview of our organization's daily operations and growth to possible employment.
Very efficient, great morale around the work place.
It's amazing it's like one big family!!!
Very very professional , everyone is so nice and very understanding
Of our 2021 interns:
- 87.5% strongly agreed the internship matched their expectations
- 100% strongly agreed that their supervisor gave them meaningful work to do
- 87.5% strongly agreed that they learned valuable skills during their time at the Y
- 87.5% said they would be interested in working at the Y again in the future
From our Summer 2021 Interns:
- 5 were hired to join the YMCA team in Youth Sports, Marketing, CPR Instructor, DEI, and IT.
- 1260 hours of internship time was logged
- Projects developed:
- CPR Training Engagement Cards
- Robotics Curriculum for Senior Citizens
- Character Development Training for eSports
- Schools and districts represented:
- Grand Prairie ISD
- Rockwall ISD
- YMCA and Rex Academy Cybersecurity Bootcamp
- Jesuit Dallas College Prep
- Dartmouth College
- University of Houston
- University of Arlington
- University of North Texas
- University of North Texas at Dallas
- Texas Women's University