- EVENT DETAILS
FAQS & INFO
- General Information
- 2019 Results
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- CONTACT US
Tots, Toddlers, & Strollers
For babies, toddlers, and kids 5 years of age and under, the Tot Trot registration is only $15 and includes:
- 100% cotton, long-sleeved participant shirt (toddler & youth sizes available)
- A race bib, just like the big kids
- Finisher Medal
Strollers are allowed on both the 5K and 8-Mile courses and families with strollers are encouraged to start at the back of the Untimed Corral. Strollers and dogs are not allowed in the Timed Runner Corral.
What has changed for 2020?
We have made a number of changes to Trot 2020 to keep our participants, volunteers, and staff comfortable and safe while participating in the annual tradition that has been enjoyed for generations. We are following guidelines and best practices provided by the CDC, State of Texas, Dallas County, and the City of Dallas for outdoor run/walk events. As guidance is updated or changed, we will communicate changes to race protocols.
- The overall capacity of the in-person Turkey Trot will be limited to 10,000 registered participants
- There will not be registration on race day. Registration will occur online only through 12:00 noon on Wednesday, November 25 or until the capacity has been reached, whichever comes first. Bibs may be picked up race day morning by anyone that pre-registered for the in-person event. T-shirts and other swag may not be available on race day, so we strongly encourage packets to be picked up in advance. Dates, times, and locations of packet pickup are to be determined.
- In 2020, there are three start times for participants to self-select during registration for the Timed or Untimed registration. 5K participants can choose to start their run/walk at 8:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m. or at 10:00 a.m. and 8-mile participants can choose to start at 8:00 a.m. or 9:00 a.m.
- There will be at least 2 additional staging areas for Timed and Untimed runners, walkers, strollers, and dogs that are available on a first come-first served basis to a combined maximum human capacity of 3000 participants for each start time.
- The corrals and staging areas will be marked for participants to physically distance at least 6' from participants not in the same household. Each 6’ marker should have no more than 1 adult and 2 kids or 2 adults from the same household. Groups/families with more people will be encouraged to spread their group to nearby 6’ distancing marks.
- Participants over the age of 2 years old will be required to wear face coverings or masks while in the staging areas/corrals, and can remove them once they have passed the start line and are able to physically distance themselves from other runners and walkers, approximately 1/2 mile or more onto the course.
- Water stops will still be available on the course with bottled water only. Participants will receive guidance closer to the event regarding the proper disposal of the container when it is empty.
- Individually packaged snacks will replace whole fruit at the finish lines. Participants are encouraged to bring their own preferred post-race refueling snack, fruit, or beverage.
- A virtual option is available for participants who may be unable to attend in person. This virtual option includes the Trot t-shirt and other participant swag that is to be determined.
- Hand-washing units will be added at every portable toilet bank at City Hall Plaza. Hand sanitizer will also be available at key areas around City Hall Plaza and at the portable toilets along the course routes.
- All volunteers, staff and sponsor representatives will be required to wear a face covering or mask.
- Participants over the age of 2 years old will be required to wear face coverings or masks when 6’ of physical distancing is difficult to maintain. For race day this means when moving to/from areas, while in the staging areas/corrals, using common areas, etc. Once a runner has passed the start line and they are able to physically distance themselves from other runners and walkers (approximately 1/2 mile or more onto the course), they may remove their mask if necessary.
- Volunteers, staff, sponsor representatives, and participants will physically distance themselves from others not in the same household.
- Participants will be asked to self-screen for health and close contact prior to the event day.
- Staff and volunteers will be temperature checked and health screened prior to beginning their work on race day.
- Other changes may be made with or without notice if required by new state or local guidelines or if deemed to be a positive change to promote the health and safety of our participants. Any additional changes will be communicated to participants when they occur.
If you do not find an answer to your question in the FAQs, please feel free to email us at email@example.com