- THE EXPERIENCE
- KID-FRIENDLY FUN
- SPECIAL OFFERS
FAQS & INFO
- General Information
- 2020 Virtual Results
- 2019 Results
- 2018 Results
- 2017 Results
- 2016 Results
- 2015 Results
- 2014 Results
- 2013 Results
- 2012 Results
- Hall of Fame
- Our Sponsors
- CONTACT US
2021 TURKEY TROT T-SHIRT CONTEST - CAST YOUR VOTES NOW
It is time to vote!! Your previous votes helped narrow it down to the three finalists below and now we need to select a winner to appear on our 2021 Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot long-sleeved participant shirts.
Vote for your favorite design now through August 1st. The winner will be announced August 4th!
1. Outline Skyline
2. Mask Free
2021 TURKEY TROT T-SHIRT CONTEST - Rules & Guidelines
YMCA OF METROPOLITAN DALLAS
2021 TURKEY TROT T-SHIRT CONTEST
RULES & GUIDELINES
The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas is accepting artwork submissions to be considered for the official 2021 DALLAS YMCA TURKEY TROT and 2021 DALLAS YMCA JUNIOR TROT events that will occur on Thanksgiving Day, November 25, 2021.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Artwork must be submitted by 11:59pm on
June 30, 2021 (EXTENDED) July 5, 2021. Late submissions will be disregarded for consideration in this year’s event.
- The Y logo cannot be distorted or modified. The logo must appear in either the blue/green version, all white or all black. The logo should not appear in any other colors.
- Artwork can incorporate a turkey image but it is not required.
- Artwork submitted must be originally created by the artist/designer or parent/guardian of the artist/designer.
- Artwork becomes the property of the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas for use in the 2021 Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot, Junior Trot, and other self-promotional marketing purposes.
- Artwork can be hand-drawn but must be scanned and submitted in digital format. Computer generated artwork can be submitted using one of the following file formats:
- .EPS (preferred), .AI (preferred), .PDF (preferred), .PSD, .TIF, .JPG
- Please do not submit files in Microsoft Publisher.
- File size of each submission must be 20 MB or less.
- Artwork must be fully downloadable i.e., please do not submit links or urls to online artwork.
- Artist signature can be incorporated in the final design, but no more than .75” wide and .25” tall.
- If chosen, the Dallas YMCA may reach out to finalize the design to be print-ready for screen printing. This could include adjusting colors, margins, separating into layers or different files to make it easier to produce the official t-shirts.
- Artwork must not contain any explicit language, imagery or symbols that may be offensive to others.
- Artwork must keep within the core values of the Y: caring, honesty, respect, responsibility.
- Limit 5 artwork submissions per individual. Different submissions by the same artist/designer must be inherently or mostly unique from each other to be considered.
- Artwork must be contained within a 12” wide by 12” tall box to be used in screen printing on t-shirts. The final design will have the Official Wordmark at the top (placement A) OR bottom (placement B).
- To submit artwork, visit the website ymcadallas.org/turkeytrot/tshirt and upload files.
Only designs submitted by the deadline on July 5th, 2021 will be reviewed and considered. A group of finalists will be chosen for public consideration by Friday, July 6th. The general public can vote online at thetrot.org and voting will occur from July 16th – August 1st with the winning design chosen by or before Wednesday, August 4th. The first round of voting will be July 16 through July 23 with seven semi-finalists. The top three designs with the most votes will be presented to the public as finalists for a second, final round of voting July 24 - August 1. The winning design will be announced on August 4.The winner will be notified via email and/or phone.
The artist/designer that creates the winning artwork will receive complimentary registration for four (4) individuals to the 2021 Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot which includes 4 official Turkey Trot t-shirts, one (1) official Turkey Trot Race Committee apparel, digital recognition (on website and social media) and recognition in press release/articles.