The TOWN NORTH FAMILY YMCA WAS FOUNDED IN 1958. For five years, the TOWN NORTH Y operated out of a simple storefront building at the corner of Forest Lane and Hillcrest. Executive Director, Jack Semones, brought Y programs such as backyard swimming lessons, roadside gymnastics, and Indian Guides to families in the neighborhood. The community embraced the YMCA and the TOWN NORTH FAMILY YMCA opened its doors at the current location on Northaven Road in 1963.
TOWN NORTH has undergone five expansion projects in the past 50 years. The growth of the branch is a reflection of both community support and the YMCA's ability to respond to the needs of its members and neighbors. The TOWN NORTH Y is considered a cornerstone in the community due to the great people, beautiful facility, and quality programs. TOWN NORTH has been blessed with leaders, both staff and volunteers, whose insight and vision keep the TOWN NORTH Y focused on our Mission.