HELP US BECOME STRONGER. VOLUNTEER AT THE Y!
As a YMCA volunteer, there is an infinite number of opportunities for you to help. Whether you work at the front desk greeting members and guests, serve as a role model for teens, or serve on a branch board, you are making an incredible difference. No matter how you help, you are creating a feeling of connection and enriching the lives of people in your community. For the safety of our families and participants, we require any volunteer to complete a background check and short safety training before being allowed to volunteer with us.
BROWSE VOLUNTEER PROJECT CATALOG
COMPLETE A VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
While you are in the volunteer portal you can complete an application, sign our required forms and complete a background check.
CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION TRAINING
YMCA EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
Thank you for volunteering with the Frisco Family YMCA! You are part of a dynamic, diverse network of cause-driven neighbors dedicated to strengthening the foundations of our communities. Thank you for being part of this important work- together, we’re building a better us.
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT OPPROTUNITIES:
We are still taking applications for board recruits for our new class of 2022-2023!
Board Member Job Description
|Function of the Board
|Formulate and enact strategic goals for Annual Campaign
||Have enthusiasm for the Y and conviction to its purpose
||Actively participate in board duties
|Develop financial resources for achieving goals
||Interest in people, their problems, and their potential
||Attendance to monthly board meetings
|Monitor the achievement of goals and objectives
||Willingness to give time, effort, and resources to the Y
||Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
|Develop an understanding of the Y's purpose, goals, and programs
||Unquestionable personal character
||Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
|Interpret the organization's work to the community and actively work to promote it
||Ability to confidently represent the Y in the community
Make decisions regarding fundraising efforts
|Help form partnerships with other community organizations
||Keep informed on what's happening around the Y
If you’re interested in making a lasting impact in the Frisco community as a representative of the Y, please send your information to our Executive Director, Nikki Golding, via email at email@example.com to begin the registration process.
SERVICE HOUR OPPROTUNITIES:
We offer the opportunity to complete required service hours for a variety of areas, so please communicate your interest to us! When you volunteer at the Y, you help us strengthen communities and support your neighbors. Examples of possible opportunities include:
- Help ensure that the Y has enough resources to continue serving the Frisco community by supporting our Annual Campaign.
- Volunteer with Members Services, and be the first friendly face that people see whenever they walk into our branch.
- Coach our Youth Sports by supporting and assisting our sports director, while teaching children valuable life lessons.
- Love working with kids? Spend a day at Child Watch!
- Help with special events that we host throughout the year, like Healthy Kids Day, BooBash, Cookies with Santa, and more!
- Clean and sanitize equipment on our Fitness Floor and Group Exercise areas.
Each volunteer shift is a maximum of 4 hours per day, and all background checks and training must be completed before your scheduled start date. If there is any hour requirement, please let us know beforehand to ensure that we provide proper documentation for you. Our front desk staff is knowledgeable and will be able to assist in answering any of your questions!
Community Service/Volunteer Facts:
All applicants will receive an email to confirm whether they've been approved to work!
- You must be at least 14 years old in order to volunteer. If you're going to volunteer with Child Watch or Youth Sports, then you must be at least 17 years old.
- No one is allowed to start their hours until they have completed registration and have been cleared.
- You WILL NOT be cleared to work with us if you are doing court ordered community service hours due to any of the following: crimes that involve children, assault, or drugs.
- During your shift, please use appropriate language and follow our dress code at all times! Our dress code includes closed-toe shoes, comfortable shorts of jeans, and t-shirt or polo shirt. You may wear a hat if you're working outside.
- If you need a letter confirming that you've completed your scheduled hours, please ask for one at the ending of your shift.
Please contact Membership Director, Julie Yang, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain registration information for volunteer hours/court-ordered community service hours, or for more information regarding service hour opportunities.