TOP 6 REASONS TO WORK FOR THE YMCA AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM
Our afterschool program provides kids #TimetoExplore by combining academics with play and offering a caring and safe environment where youth can achieve, feel a sense of belonging, build friendships and explore new interests. That's why we are always looking for cause-driven leaders to create amazing experiences for our kiddos!
Here are six reasons YOU should work in our Afterschool Program:
- The Y cares about its employees. That’s one of the best parts about working for an organization that cares for others, they care about their employees and how they’re feeling. They recognize that creating a sense of community and making members happy starts with how they treat the people who have to interact with members directly.
- You get some great perks! For starters, they provide you with a free membership to help you get in the wellness mindset.
- It’s a great resume builder. Working for a well-known organization will help build your resume. When you hand it to future employers, they’ll see that you dedicated effort to a philanthropic and wellness based organization that teaches you skills you can take to any future positions.
- There’s space to grow. If you do want to stay with the Y long-term (which you totally should) there are endless positions that can align with your long-term goals, and there are plenty of opportunities for promotion. Also, the Y wants you to grow as a professional, so they provide resources to do so through training and other programs.
- Every day is different. There are so many exciting things happening in Afterschool!
- You can make a difference. Work at the Y.
Ready to start your career in our afterschool program? Visit: www.ymcadallas.org/workwithkids
For more information, contact BHenderson@ymcadallas.org
Our Afterschool Program pay is negotiable based on experience. Approximately 20 hours per week.