As part of the YMCA's effort to help youth succeed, the Dallas YMCA offers, through the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Foundation, a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors living in the Dallas area.
Selections are based on college entrance scores, high school grades, financial circumstances, community service, and the individual's personal motivation and desire for furthering his/her education. Students have an opportunity to receive:
(1) $40,000 Scholarship - $5,000 per fall and spring semester for 4 years
(1) $20,000 Scholarship - $2,500 per fall and spring semester for 4 years
(18) $12,000 Scholarships - $1,500 per fall and spring semester for 4 years
The postmark deadline is Monday, February 5, 2024. Mail or deliver your application and required paperwork to:
YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
Scholarship Dept.- Attn: Sheri Dowdy
146 Town Center Blvd.
Coppell, TX, 75019
- Student must be a graduating high school senior
- No YMCA involvement is required to apply for the scholarships
- Must turn in a completed application with all required documents included no later than Monday, February 5, 2024. Applications must be either mailed or dropped off in person at the Coppell Family YMCA by Monday, February 5, 2024.
- Student must be available to attend an in-person interview on Saturday, February 24, 2024 from 8:00 am - Noon or 12:30 pm- 4:30 pm. There will be no other interview date options unless the date is cancelled due to inclement weather. The only make-up date, in case of inclement weather, will be Saturday, March 2, 2024. We will follow the same as above. Location to be determined.
- Student must be available to attend the College Scholarship Reception when they will formally awarded the scholarship on Thursday, May 9, 2024 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm. Location to be determined.
Maintenance Requirements (once awarded):
- Take a minimum of 12 hours per semester
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Return the following documents every semester:
- Renewal Form (Emails from the college scholarship office 1 month before it's due back)
- Previous semester transcript (Does not have to be the official transcript, but we do need to see that it was downloaded from the college's site)
- Upcoming semester schedule
- Progress letter (Short letter that tells what activities they are involved in; challenges they have faced in the last semester and what they are looking forward to in the coming semester)
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.