As part of the YMCA's effort to help youth succeed, the Dallas YMCA offers, through the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas Foundation, a scholarship program for graduating high school seniors living in the Dallas area with an affiliation to the Dallas YMCA.
Selections are based on college entrance scores, high school grades, financial circumstances, community service, and the individual's personal motivation and desire for furthering his/her education. Students have an opportunity to receive renewable scholarships up to $3,000 per year for 4 years.
The postmark deadline is Monday, January 17, 2022. Mail or deliver your application and required paperwork to*:
T. Boone Pickens YMCA - Scholarship Department
601 N. Akard St., Dallas, TX 75201
*Please note: no faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
- Student must be a graduating high school senior
- Student must be involved with the YMCA, any of the following: volunteer, program participant, donor, member, employee, or child of a Y employee
- Must turn in completed application with all required documents included no later than Monday, January 17, 2022. Applications may be mailed to the T. Boone Pickens YMCA, postmarked no later than Monday, January 17, 2022, or dropped off in-person at the T Boone Pickens YMCA
- Student must be available to attend interview either February 19, 2022, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, or February 26, 2022, from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. There will be no other interview date options provided unless one of these dates is cancelled due to inclement weather. The only make-up date, in case of inclement weather, will be March 2 from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Student must be available to attend College Scholarship Reception, when they will formally be awarded the scholarship on May 5, 2022, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Maintenance Requirements (once awarded):
- Take a minimum of 12 hours per semester
- Maintain at least a 2.5 GPA
- Return the following documents every semester:
- Renewal Form (Emails from college scholarship office 1 month before it's due back)
- Previous semester transcript (Does not have to be the official transcript, but we do need to see that it was downloaded from the college's site)
- Upcoming semester schedule
- Progress letter (Short letter that tells what activities they are involved in; challenges they have faced in the last semester and what they are looking forward to in the coming semester)
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.