THE Y IS HERE TO HELP YOU PREPARE FOR BACK TO SCHOOL!
August is National Back to School Month. That means new shoes, new lessons to learn, and maybe...a bit more traffic. 😅 To help you prepare, here are five ways you can make this back-to-school season a success:
- Communicate Routines and Expectations. The Y wants your family to be prepared for back-to-school season! Here is your friendly reminder to make sure you have everything on your child’s classroom supply list, reset those summer bedtimes well before the big day, and communicate any changes in routine with the entire family. Here’s to a happy, healthy, and safe back-to-school season!
- Talk about the back-to-school worries. It doesn't matter if it’s their 12th year or their first year, allow your kids to talk openly about any concerns or questions they might have for the new year. This will ease the minds of both you and your children. Psst! Even if you don't have school-age kiddos to look after, grab a coffee with a friend and talk!
- Help Our Schools & Students Stock Up! From crayons to notebooks, many classrooms, and the students who fill them, are in need of school supplies this time of year! In celebration of National Back to School Month, consider picking up a few extra items to give to teachers in need of them.
- Enroll in Afterschool Programming Today When school is out, the Y is in! In honor of National Back to School Month, the Y wants to remind you of all our great Afterschool programming, to ensure your child is taken care of before or after their school day! Learn more by visiting: www.ymcadallas.org/afterschool
- Pack your patience! Whether you have kiddos in school or live near a school zone. Pack your patience as parents and guardians take our future leaders to school.
Back to School season can be exciting and hectic, but with some planning, your family will have the best school year ever!