21-Day Equity Challenge Pledge
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
By signing the below, I pledge to support the Y in their equity efforts by participating in the 21-Day Equity Challenge and committing to the following:
- Continuing to learn and complete the 21-Day Equity Challenge even if its uncomfortable at times.
- Be accountable for understanding that we all have bias and what the impact and inequity of my words and actions may be on others.
- Have brave conversations to help discover and repair my own blind spots.
- Speak up to interrupt inequitable practices.
- Diversify my network and hold myself responsible for engaging with others with different lived experiences
- Encourage, listen, and learn when others share their lived experiences.