Be Come a Coach at The COPPELL FAMILY YMCA!
This opportunity is to develop players in a positive way and become a mentor and leader for your team. Join us and make a difference in your community. Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals. You will be responsible for leading practices, games and communication with your team and the YMCA Sports Director. This is an 8-week commitment, one hour per week for practice and one hour per week for games (typically on Saturdays).
- Coordinate with your team via email/phone calls about practices and locations.
- Attend coaches meeting before the season begins (be an active coach)
- Make sure you contact your team at least 1 week before the 1st practice
- Practice with your team one hour per week, teaching them rules of the game and basics of how to play
- Be a mentor to your kids, teaching them values of sportsmanship, leadership, teamwork and respect
- Attend weekend games for an 8-week season
- Play all kids an equal amount of time each game
- Hand out medals and awards (given out by YMCA) at appropriate time
- Turn a good experience into a great one, not only for the kids, but for the parents as well
- Communicate with the YMCA about issues, concerns, questions in a respectful manner
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Depending on the age level, one must have basic knowledge of the sport you are coaching or the eagerness to learn more.
- Complete the YMCA volunteer coach registration process, which includes:
- Online Criminal Background Check- CBC (Dallas YMCA Volunteer Matters)
- Child Abuse Prevention Training (CAP)
Coach Registration Process
Thank you for your interest in being a coach! We appreciate your time, talent and leadership to help our young people. Below are the details to the process of becoming a coach at YMCA.
Winter Coaches take this quick survey this will allow us to add your contact to the winter season. Winter Coaches Survey
- Step 1 (Returning Coaches skip to step 2)
Registration code: reg-ymcadallas-776-volunteers
There is one training modules to complete:
- Abuse Risk Management for YMCA Volunteers (ENG)
Upon completion, email your completion certificate to May MacGreogr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Step 2: Complete our Volunteer Matters process. All volunteers who interact with our young people must complete this process, which consist of selecting the sport(s) you're volunteering for, submitting a background check annually.
- Visit: https://ymcadallas.volunteermatters.org/project-catalog/234
- Click “Volunteer” for the sport and season you are coaching ie: 2021Winter Basketball
- Click “Register Now” for new account; Click "Login" for Existing accounts
- Complete the registration and read/sign each credential
- Enter your 9 digit ss# when asked
- Click “Continue”. Your profile should have your new coaching assignment. Background Check say Submitted, Pending, Review or Approved.
This where you will enter your user and pw. If you have forgotten your user and pw, click on user first. Wait for an email. Look in your junk box. Click on pw. Wait for an email.
4. Click “Sign Up”
Then you will get this:
Coaches meetings are mandatory for all new coaches and optional for returning coaches.
YMCA Season Schedules/Standings