When you volunteer at the Y, you are depositing into the lives of youth, teens and adults and planting seeds that will improve your community.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
As a YMCA volunteer, you can lead an exercise class, coach a sports team, greet people at the front desk, serve as a role model for young people, serve on a branch board - the list goes on and on. No matter how you help, you'll make a big difference as you work with others to create a feeling of connectedness in your community.
To solve the problems closest to home or better yet prevent them, the Y needs more people like you. Do something good. Volunteer at the Y. Download our volunteer application and return it to your local Y to find the volunteer opportunity that works best for you.