Esports at the YMCA
$10 for Members / $15 for Non members
PLAY SMASH AND MARIO CART ON A 20FT SCREEN
Questions on Esports? Contact Megan Insco, Esports Director
The video game titles, images, photographs and graphics listed or shown are the copyright and intellectual property of each respective owner.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why should I support my child in their interest of gaming and eSports?
YMCA Esports is the development of values through a progressive program stressing skill development, fun, physical fitness, and friendly competition. All youth have an opportunity to play and families are encouraged to participate. Additional benefits include:
- Improved hand-eye coordination
- Improved attention & visual acuity
- Improved basic visual processing and executive function.
- Problem-solving & strategy skill development
- 71% of parents report gaming having net positive effects for children.
- Boosts self-confidence and player socialization.
- 54% of gamers say gaming helps them connect with friends.
- In the span of just five years, over 125 higher education institutions have created varsity collegiate Esports programs including local colleges –North Texas University, University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, SMU
- More than thirty U.S. colleges and universities offer scholarships for gamers.
Do I have to be a YMCA Member?
No, the league is open to anyone ages 8-18. eSports members will receive a discounted registration fee and free tournament entry fees.