The YMCA strives to put the following values into practice in all of its programs and services:
- Caring: To be sensitive to the needs of others and go the extra mile.
- Fairness: To be honest or just. To tell the truth, have integrity and build trust.
- Respect: To value the worth of every person and treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Responsibility: To do what is right and be accountable for your behavior and your obligations.
- Trustworthiness: Be loyal and stand by your family, friends and country.
- Citizenship: To be a good neighbor, obey the laws and rules, respect authority and protect the environment.
In an effort to enhance the accountability of our YMCA to the communities we serve, we have established a Values Line that is accessible to staff, volunteers and members we impact.
The YMCA has always worked hard to preserve the integrity of our organization from top to bottom and everything in between. We all can contribute to this legacy by being a voice when the integrity of our values is being compromised. If at any point you feel the need to contact anyone about our values, contact the values line. It is a confidential anonymous call that will be heard. The following situations can be an example of a voice needing to be heard:
Theft or dishonesty
Accounting practices that are fraudulent
Suspected child abuse or neglect
Improper financial reporting
Discrimination or harassment
Security or safety violations
Improper gifts or compensation
Practices that violate any law or regulation
Falsification of records
Violation of any YMCA policy
24 HOURS A DAY
A confidential anonymous neutral third party who will hear your voice.