Welcome to the 2023 - 2024 Rise parent volunteer page! As you know, tuition only covers around 30% of the school's operating costs, and the remaining 70% is covered through private donations, fundraising, and The Touchdown Club. Because of that, in order to help our amazing school continue their mission and provide incredible resources and support, the parent community is expected to volunteer their time and help the school meet its fundraising goals. Each family is responsible to volunteer at least 10 hours of time throughout the year. The RPO is working hard to make volunteer opportunities easier and more accessible, and below are some of those opportunities with a brief description of each. Sign up links will be sent out closer to each event, but click here to show interest in any specific opportunity now. 


Thanksgiving Luncheon - Thursday, November 16, 2023 between 10:30 am - 1:00 pm

This lunch is for our teachers and students. It's a great way for teachers to teach students about eating together (in preparation for the Thanksgiving holiday) and trying different foods and textures. In addition, we also provide a variety of desserts and treats for teachers to take with them. Volunteer opportunities include baking treats, set up, food runner, and clean up.


Book Fair - December Dates and Times TBD

Our book fair is set up in the lobby of the YMCA and lasts for one week. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the day. The proceeds from this fair are given to Rise through books and supplies needed.


Easter Egg Hunt - April Date and Time TBD

This year the RPO will be helping with the annual Easter egg hunt for our students on the Rise playground. Volunteer opportunities include buying eggs and candy, filling eggs, hiding/set up and clean up.


Runway for Rise - Saturday, April TBD, 2024

The 7th annual Runway for Rise is the only fundraising event put on by the school and parent community, and we are looking for parents to join the planning committee. This fun event raises over $100,000 for our school. Committee positions include silent auction, decorations, boutique coordinator, sponsorships coordinator and catwalk coordinator.


Teacher Appreciation Week Luncheon - Thursday, May 9, 2024 between 11:30 am - 2:00 pm

The RPO hosts a luncheon for all teachers and staff during Teacher Appreciation Week. While lunch is provided, we also have volunteers watching the classrooms during nap time, so the teachers can enjoy lunch together. Volunteer opportunities include set up, classroom watchers, and clean up.


Join the RPO

The RPO exists to connect Rise families, support teachers and staff, and further the mission of Rise through awareness and fundraising. There are many committee positions available with different time commitments, and we would love to have you. Click here to contact the RPO for more information!


In addition to these opportunities above, be on the lookout for other ways to volunteer your time through classroom donations, fundraising, letter writing campaigns and more!